September 9th, 2016
We would like to thank our families for returning the student data verification form, the release of student personal information form, and any necessary medical forms.
Students from Grade 1 to Grade 8 were given a planner during the first week of school. The cost of the planner is $7. You may send payment for the planner through School-Day or by sending $7 in cash. We appreciate our families who paid for the planners and if you haven’t already done so already, please pay for the planner by Friday, September 16.
Andrea Michelutti – Principal
Our first School Council meeting will be taking place on Tuesday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m. in the library. All parents are encouraged to attend.
Meet the Teacher Night
Please join us on Thursday, September 15 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Entry and Exit Procedures
To ensure a smooth entry and exit, all students must enter and exit the school through their designated door. This year a new box has been painted on the tarmac and we are requesting that adults stand outside of this large box before school and after school to ensure students are able to line up and exit the building safety. This year there are no warning bells so we are asking students to be at school on time.
Due to a technical glitch with School Day, the gym uniforms will be available for purchase next week. Thank you for your patience with this matter.
Strategic Priorities for the 2016-2017 School Year
Together with staff, students, families, caregivers and our many stakeholders, our Board of Trustees has led the development of WRDSB’s new Strategic Plan. This collaborative plan consists of three priorities, each with associated outcomes.
1 Our Students Are First – Each and Every One:
- Our students experience a sense of belonging in a caring learning environment that addresses their well-being.
- Our students pursue individual learning pathways that reflect their interests, develop skills for the future and inspire global citizenship.
- Our students succeed in reaching their potential and graduating from WRDSB schools and programs.
2 Our Staff, Families and Caregivers are Partners in Every Student’s Learning Journey:
- Our families and caregivers are supported in creating the best possible outcomes for our students.
- Our staff is equipped with the skills and resources to support every child in their learning journey.
- Our staff is supported in their wellness as they promote and model wellness for our students.
3 Our Culture of Innovation Builds Students’ Confidence and Success as they Face the Future:
- Our learning environments include all students and their diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Our students, staff and community are supported by creative and collaborative problem-solving.
- Our school communities are encouraged to learn by exploring new and innovative projects, ideas and approaches.
Using these priorities as the foundation for our work, staff will work together to define agreed upon goals, outcomes and targets related to:
- Graduation Rates
- Student and Staff Wellness
Your engagement and voice throughout this process will be critical to us realizing the best possible outcomes for all students – each and every one. It is my hope that every staff member, every school and every department will be able to see themselves in our Strategic Plan and intimately connect their work as a contributing factor to attaining our collective goals and realizing our desired outcomes.
Accompanying these priorities and outcomes are a series of commitments to which our organization has dedicated ourselves.
We, as individuals who serve public education in Waterloo Region, are committed to:
Service by embracing an attitude of care and support. We seek to understand and meet the needs of those we serve.
Integrity by matching our actions to our words. We conduct ourselves in an open and transparent manner that inspires trust.
Respect by honoring all stakeholders. We create an environment where people feel included, valued and treated with dignity.
Innovation in a culture where new ideas are welcomed and considered. We build our capacity to think critically and problem-solve creatively.
Collaboration through reaching out and listening to our stakeholders. We build collaborative relationships to achieve common goals and resolve differences.
September 20 – School Council meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the Science Room
September 23 – Professional Activity Day
October 7 – Terry Fox Run